What type of Compensation am I entitled to?

What you may be entitled to Will depend on your injury the circumstances of your accident

  • Weekly benefits (wages)
  • Medical and treatment expenses
  • Lump sum Compensation for permanent impairment
  • Compensation for pain and suffering and loss of earnings
  • Death benefit (in the event of a death)

With some benefits it does not matter who is at fault – all you need to show is that your injury was caused by a road or motor vehicle accident.
Find out where you stand – call Prime Injury Lawyers 03 7043 0100.

Why Choose Us

No Win No Fee Guarantee

Maximum Compensation

35+ Years Of Combined Experience

Personal Injury Experts

Free Claim Check Process3 Simple Steps

Submit the Claim Check Form

Fill out our easy and straightforward claim check form by providing your personal details. Briefly describe your legal needs and the situation you’re facing. This information will help us better understand your case.

Receive a Phone Call or Email

Our legal team will carefully review the details you provided in the form. Expect a prompt communication from us, either through a phone call or email, seeking any additional information required for a thorough assessment.

Schedule a Formal Discussion

Upon confirming the viability of your case for a legal claim, we will coordinate with you to arrange a formal meeting. This meeting, scheduled at your convenience, will allow us to discuss your case in detail and outline the necessary steps for proceeding with the legal action.


Get Your Entitled Compensation

What Our Clients Say About Us

“From the very beginning, Tim and Maddison took care of my case and went above and beyond to help me in every way possible. When I met Tim, I immediately felt at ease and as if I had known him for years. Maddy was a great support for Tim and they are a great team to have representing you. Prime injury lawyers was always warm, welcoming and made be feel like I was family, and I am truly thankful for that.

Elaine Whateley


“I was very fortunate to have been referred to Tim resulting in a successful claim. Tim is extremely experienced, knowledgeable and created a positive atmosphere in all our meetings. This gave me great confidence along the journey and as mentioned resulted in a successful claim. I have no hesitation to recommend Prime Injury Lawyers and in particular Tim Jackson if anyone has a need for a good and capable legal representation.”

Praba Karan


“John from prime has been excellent and very understanding of my circumstances. When I first had an appointment with John and told him I was in a wheelchair and unwell he didn’t hesitate to make a trip to my home for our first consultation. He was very professional and Very understanding of my needs and was happy to make the process easy for me to understand. I would recommend anyone that needs legal advice to contact Prime Lawyers.”

Jude Rainsford


Frequently Asked questions

  • What is a Road Accident?

    A road accident covers all accidents occurring on the road, dirt road, railways and in some cases private property or interstate

  • Am I entitled to TAC?

    If you have been injured as a result of a road accident, be it a driver, passenger, pedestrian, on a bus, bike or train you may be entitled to claim TAC benefits. If your claim is accepted you may receive payment for medical expenses, time off work and compensation.

  • What injuries are covered by TAC?

    All physical and mental injuries are covered by the TAC, this can include pre-existing injuries or injuries which occurred if you witnessed an accident or lost a loved one in an accident.

  • What do I need to do if I’m injury in a road accident?

    If you are injured, it is important you gather as much information as possible, including:

    • Accident location
    • Circumstances of accident
    • Injuries sustained
    • Witnesses
    • Registration and details of drivers involved
    • If your injured occurred on public transport, be sure to get the details of the operator and driver
  • Do I need to report my accident to the police?

    Yes. For the TAC to accept any claim you need a police reference number, which begins with the letter T. If the police didn’t attend the accident, you can call or go to your closet police station to report the accident,

  • How do I lodge a claim?

    You can lodge a claim either online or over the phone. You will need all the details of your accident, injuries, treating doctors and employment information.

    A claim form is a key document, and we recommend you contact our office to assist you in lodging your claim for free.

  • You must lodge your claim within 1 year.

    The TAC has discretion to allow lodgment of the claim for up to 3 years.

    After 3 years it is too late to lodge a claim.

  • Will I receive my full pay if I am unable to work?

    The following table sets out the weekly payments of compensation you may be entitled to if your claim is accepted:

    Entitlement Period Work Capacity Entitlement
    0-18 Months No current work capacity 80% weekly earnings up to $1,500
    Current work capacity 80% of your weekly earnings less what you are currently earning
    18moths – 3 Year No current work capacity 80% of weekly earnings up to $1,300
    Current work capacity 80% of weekly earnings less what you are currently earning
    After 3 Years**

    ** you must have an impairment benefit rating of 50% or greater to receive payments after 3 years.

  • How long does a claim normally take?

    The TAC will generally accept your claim online or on the phone immediately, provided you have all the necessary information.

  • What do I do if my claim or treatment is denied?

    You have 12 months to lodge a dispute after which you can not dispute the decision. If the TAC has denied your claim or treatment, book an appointment with us today.

    Book Now
  • Do I need a lawyer now?

    Just like medical treatment the earlier the intervention the better. We at Prime Injury Lawyers understand that claims can be complicated, and it is important that you understand your rights and entitlements.

    We are also proud to offer a free service to help you fill out and lodge your claim form at no charge.

    Having Prime Injury Lawyers by your side will give you piece of mind knowing that we will fight hard to make sure your claim is accepted and that you will receive the full entitlements and compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us for assistance.

  • Are there any other entitlements I may access under TAC?

    In addition to weekly payments and medical and like expenses, you may also be entitled to:

    • A lump sum compensation for your permanent impairment; and
    • Compensation for pain and suffering and of wages.

    To find our whether you may be able to access these entitlements, start your free online check or contact us for some free legal advice.

    If you are ready to speak to us today, book an appointment now with this link

    Book An Appointment Now

Submit Your Free Claim Check Now

You'll Receive A Phone Call Or Email From Our Team Promptly

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.